The Personal Life-Changing Benefits of Being Organized
We always get to hear statements such as, ‘I have messed up my day’ or ‘I am really a messy person by nature’. Whether it is from family members or friends, the standard response to such statements is silence, or ‘It’s Okay to be Messy, don’t brood over it’. But, I can or will never give this response. I always say, ‘Don’t be. Change it if you want good things too happened in life. Get organized and have a satisfying life’. Yes! I am an organized soul. Success, or failure, I do not bother, I appreciate myself for being planned and organized.
It’s true that it is completely fine to be messy. We all preach and practice that messy desks are the sign of creative workspaces. Yet, there are remarkable benefits to being organized. When I say, being organized, I am not talking about organizing your kitchen stations, wardrobes, or workspaces. If you want to know about that, Google can help you with amazing niche content. My focus is above this. I am referring to organize your everyday life. Organizing Yourself that precedes above everything.
I plan my day so that I finish all my personal and professional commitments before my partner arrives home and I get sufficient time to spend with him. It’s this time, that I wait for. It’s this time that I want to spend happily without any worry or guilt of pending tasks. I embrace the daily challenges and surprises that life throws upon me, yet, I feel harmonious with myself only, when I have planned my day with a buffer space to take up the unpredictable tasks.
As you read along further, you will get to know some simple and satisfying personal life-changing benefits of being organized, that you can never ignore. Even though we do the same job every day, being organized and systematic, makes the difference. These 4 benefits are enough for you to get convinced that you got to be organized in your life.
- Firstly, being organized helps to manage our time. People who are organized, never complain, never explain. They always have time for everything, personal and professional, because they know where they are spending their time on.
- Being organized helps to be systematic in life. It certainly helps to prioritize and focus on what’s needed as per the criticality of the day. The strategic way of analyzing the day is important.
- When your day is planned, your thoughts are clear, you know what to do when and hence there is neither procrastination nor stress of not completing the days. A planned day always gives a quality output and peace of mind.
- When your mind is not everywhere, it is easier to process every idea. This enhances your energy for the day. Improves your health because your sleep cycles are regularized, thereby impacting your lifestyle.
By now, I am sure, you would be convinced, and want to try to be organized and experience, how it feels. If a small change could bring peace and calmness in your life, why not try it once. It just requires 15 minutes of your time at the end of the day, one journal and a pen. Yes! That’s all.
- Write down everything that you want to do the next day. Something as small as buying vegetables to having a talk with your friend. List it down.
- Prioritize what are the important things and the ones that are least important.
- Schedule your activities such that the most important things are finished in the first half of the day when your energy levels are high. Stick to your schedule. When I plan, I evaluate and try to put a time slot, just like a school timetable.
- Ensure you do one thing that you like every day beyond your professional and personal commitments.
When you starting working on the above approach from today or tomorrow, there are multiple challenges that you would be facing. As simple as your body might not support you in getting up early and sleeping early. So, here are a few things, you got to keep in mind.
- Don’t underestimate or overestimate your capabilities. Let your everyday goals be realistic. Push your limits, but design achievable goals.
- Don’t beat yourself down, when you are unable to do. Only you can comfort yourself. Say it aloud to yourself, ‘It’s okay, I couldn’t finish today. Tomorrow again, I will put my efforts’.
- When you fulfill your goals, learn to appreciate yourself. Self-appreciation is the best gift that you can receive. Give yourself a prize of positive words that you ever wanted to use on yourself.
See, I will tell you blatantly – nothing is going to change overnight. You got to be patient with yourself. To bring in positive changes in life, you have to invest time and effort. Take baby steps to feel the real impact of being organized only when practiced slowly and steadily. As I finish writing this, my day is about to get over, and my mind is already set to plan for tomorrow.