It was 9.00 PM on Sunday evening. The Sony Entertainment channel had its Indian Idol Junior and Colors Channel had its “JHALAK DKILAH JA, Dancing with stars” broadcast. With Independence Day round the corner, all mega serials, comedy shows, reality shows have all their episodes based on “INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS”.
As I was viewing the episodes, my mind was stuck up with few random, yet very important questions for which I had no answers. The importance of these questions differs from individual; however it was necessary to put forth the below questions in this media space:
- Why is it that we don’t recognise the importance of INDEPENDENCE & FREEDOM each day of our life?
- Why do we talk about Independent India, Freedom Struggle, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru etc as well as their thoughts and lessons, ONLY on Independence Day or Republic Day?
- Why do we have Facebook status messages such as ; “I am proud to be an Indian, Vande Mataram, Jai Ho etc ONLY on these two days”?
- Why the Media has specialised programs, music and movie shows about Freedom Struggle ONLY on these days?
- Why do the President / Prime Minister address the nation ONLY on those two days? Do they work for the rest of the year? If they had, Life in India would have been different.
- Why do we start commenting on the work of those leaders of Freedom Movement, who had their own ways to solve the problems of the nation?
- Why do we always blame the government? Are we not a part of the government?
- Is it not are Fundamental Duty to elect a proper government for better standards of our country?
- Why do we all of a sudden start talking about the corruption, unemployment, poverty, women empowerment etc?
- How many of us know OUR HISTORY, while we are always curious to know the History of other countries? Ask yourself, what have you taught your child about your country?
- Why don’t we teach our kids about OUR country in every way possible? Or knowingly or unknowingly we are teaching our kids that, “India is not a country to live in”?
These are just few questions that had come up in my mind. If you start thinking, you never know the kind of questions that you can ask. The easiest part is to question and the most difficult part is to find an answer. But, it’s time we all join hands together NOW and find answers to our questions.
Everything in life depends on our “ATTITUDE”. It’s time to declare a war to CHANGE ourselves and bring about the well awaited “REVOLUTION in our THOUGHT PROCESS”.
Let’s start NOW and educate our kids about OUR COUNTRY, and make them realise that the Independence and the Freedom, that they are enjoying needs to be treasured and valued in each and every day of their lives and just on those two days. Nurture them to stand up on their feet and fight for their rights EVERYDAY.
We ALL are a part of this country. Hence it’s OUR responsibility to secure our country in every way possible. Its time, YOU and ME join together to resolve OUR INDIA’S problems. It’s time we STOP blaming government and start OUR part of action.
With Media and Technology used in best way possible, I am sure we will be able to show and give a better and secure place for the coming generations to live in.
Happy Independence Day EVERY DAY!!!
Be Proud to be an India EVERY DAY!!!